Tips for Family Trips
I believe that travel makes families stronger, smarter and happier and I enjoy sharing what we have learned with other families.
Selected accomplishments include:
- In 2013, I recruited Katie Baird to Tips for Family Trips. Katie has added popular content about travel in the Eastern U.S., the Caribbean and Europe, and tips for traveling with a large family.
- My article about Groupon Getaways was featured on an ABC television show, The Lookout. The episode then appeared on The Huffington Post, where my article was quoted and linked.
- I am active in the Family Travel Blogger online community. I enjoy networking and exchanging information with other family travel writers throughout the world.
Living with Burkitt’s
I started this blog after my 5-year-old son was diagnosed with Burkitt’s Lymphoma, a rare and aggressive cancer, in November 2012. It was written to help keep friends and family informed on his progress and to document our experience with cancer. Others, including families of other cancer patients, have also found and followed the blog. My son completed treatment in April 2013 and this blog is now updated only as cancer-related events occur. One photo from Living with Burkitt’s was selected by Scholastic Canada to appear in an upcoming book about therapy animals.
My work has appeared on several prominent family travel blogs, including:
- TheVacationGals.com – Top 10 Dinosaur Sites in Utah
- MotherofAllTrips.com – Top Mountain Resorts for Summer Fun
- PitstopsforKids.com – Top 10 Family Hiking Trails in Utah
- Kidventurous.com – Salt Lake City: Top 3 Family Friendly Museums
- SuitcasesandSippycups.com – Ten Ways to Re-create the Olympic Spirit
- WalkingonTravels.com – 3 Not-to-Miss State Parks in the U.S.